A major part of the fragments in Pentelic marble from the frieze of the Basilica Aemilia, unearthed by Giacomo Boni between 1900 and 1905 and successively restored and reintegrated by Alfonso Bartoli, have not been exhibited to the public previously 2010 (only a part had been visible at the Palazzo Massimo). The reunification of the most significant original fragments, to whom this book is dedicated, has been considered quite a great event to witness.
These was on display since 2010 on in the Curia Julia. These panels decorated the interior of the Basilica Aemilia, constructed in 179 BC by censors Marcus Fulvius Nobilior and Marcus Aemilius Lepidus. These illustrated the history of the origins of Rome along with that of the family of the Aemilii. The astonishing completeness of the Curia, the conservation of part of its decorative apparatus, and the majestic impressiveness of its interior make it an exhibition site of great suggestiveness, and particularly suited to receiving for exhibition the frieze of an important monument positioned in its immediate vicinity.