This first volume collects the paintings created by Paolo Minoli between 1959 and 1969, in a chronological order.
Paolo Minoli (1942-2004) always investigated the spatial aspects and potential of colour in a strong dialectic between surface and environment, between colour and structure. Minoli used colour as a language and a plastic form: the colour spectrum was his alphabet. Active since the late Sixties, in the Eighties he ran a silkscreen printing workshop in Cantù, his hometown, where he interacted with artists such as Bruno Munari, Luigi Veronesi, Max Huber and Piero Dorazio. During the Nineties, until his untimely death, his poetic became increasingly complex and articulated, developed through evocative and stimulating dialogues with other expressive elements such as music and poetry. Then Minoli also explored the language of sculpture with a determination that always sought to challenge the concepts of negativity and void, rather than matter.