A lifelong partnership: Figini and Pollini, two key figures in 20th-century Italian architecture.
[Luigi Figini Gino Pollini.
Complete works] The intellectual partnership of the architects Luigi Figini and Gino Pollini began in 1926. Respectively from Milan and Rovereto, from their university years the two were involved in research that was destined to make its mark on the 20th-century Italian architecture scene, due to its originality and consistency.
The volume, first published for the retrospective exhibition on the architectural duo at the Museum of Contemporary Art of Trent and Rovereto, is now available in a second edition, with new graphics. The book covers the entire architectural output of the two masters, from the works built in the early 1930s – the “electric house” in Monza, the villa-studio built for the Milan Triennale in 1933 – to the projects for Olivetti at Ivrea, and the buildings in Milan during the postwar reconstruction.