The most complete collecton in the region thanks to the variety of the artworks, including many masterpieces from Siena, Florence, the Marches and Umbria.
[The National Gallery of Umbria / Guide] The National Gallery of Umbria has been located since 1878 in Palazzo dei Priori in Perugia, one of the most interesting examples of gothic civil architecture, constructed starting in 1292. The collection is the most complete one in the region, thanks to the variety of its artworks, ranging from the 13th to the 19th century, all by artists operating in this geographical area.
The guide, prepared in collaboration with the Office for Architectural, Landscape and Historical Assets of Umbria, presents the recently reorganized visitor’s itinerary, through the 30 rooms of the Gallery, structured as follows: Painting and sculpture from the 13th and 14th centuries; Painting from Siena and Florence in the 15th century, and International Gothic; The great masterpieces of the Renaissance; Painting from the Marches and Umbria in the 15th century; the “Treasure”, Umbrian fabrics and ceramics. The sculptures of the Maestà delle Volte; the chapel of the Priori; the masterpieces of Umbrian painting: Pinturicchio and Perugino; works from the 1500s to the 1700s. The guide describes the main masterpieces of each room, with many illustrations. The plan of the museum and the color-coded rooms make for easy orientation.