In this book Vittorio Savi offers the first synthesis of the work conducted by the architects Luigi Figini and Gino Pollini over sixty years of practice.
[Figini & Pollini. Architecture 1927-1989] In this book Vittorio Savi offers the first synthesis of the work conducted by the architects Luigi Figini and Gino Pollini over sixty years of practice. Respectively from Milan and Rovereto, the two were leading figures on the architectural scene from the late 1920s to the beginning of World War II. Founders of Gruppo 7, an outstanding presence in the architectural debate, Figini and Pollini were already, at a very early age, part of a sophisticated cultural environment whose lively positions were influenced by personalities like Terragni, Persico, Bottoni, Bardi, Bontempelli. Their idealism can be seen in works such as the electric house in Monza (1930), the villa-studio for the Triennale of 1933, the project for the School of Art of Brera (1935) and the master plan for Courmayeur. In that period they were associated with Adriano Olivetti, and built many rationalist works at Ivrea. In the postwar period they attempted to go beyond rationalist ideology, in works like the Madonna dei Poveri in Milan (1952-1954) and the Ico factory at Ivrea (1955-1957). Their partnership did not come to an end until the death of Luigi Figini in 1984.